Colleen 24/365

My nasty habit! My kids hate it & my fiance rags on me to cut back or quit
and I get tired of hearing about it. I want to quit sometimes but then
sometimes I don't want too because this is my thing that relieves my stress
and makes me feel better. Why can't I just have it to myself? Why can't they
all just stop harping on me about it? I will quit someday but damn it only
when I am good and ready...

3 comments:
I was able to quit when I just didn't to be that person anymore - that person who worried about how she/her car/apartment/clothes smelled, how much they cost, whether or not I had enough for each day, what judgements people made of me, who knew I smoked and who didn't, and whether or not it was gonna kill me some day. While sometimes I still REALLY want one, being free of all those worries is pretty nice.
I am a smoker as well. Do I look toward the day I will quit, not at all. I look toward the day I will begin to dislike smoking, I like smoking a lot. I quit when I am pregnant all 4 times, the day after I have that baby, I have a cigarette and it was always one of the best things ever, that first cigarette.
It is really unpopular to admit that you LIKE to smoke. Well I am admitting it, I LOVE to smoke. Someday that will change but until it does I will continue to love smoking, unapologetically.
I so feel your pain...this is 'my year to quit'... and I am still smoking. I hope I quit... I usually WANT to quit... but then there is that time... that time when ONLY a cigarette will ease... it is hard... very hard...
Post a Comment