Jennifer Lea 2/365


This is my cat Sydney. He's a 14 year old male Abyssinian and I've had him
since my senior year in college. He means the world to me. Friday I took
him to the vet for his biannual check up. Yesterday I got a call back from
the vet regarding his blood work - she didn't like the way his kidneys look
and they might be starting to fail. So, sometime this month I need to take
him in to have a urine sample analyzed. At the very least, he'll need to be
on a prescription diet. They need to check and see if he needs meds as
well. While I'm glad this was caught just as he's starting to have the
problem, I'm worried sick about him. He's my furbaby, a member of my
family, and I love him with all my heart.

10 comments:

Pam September 2, 2009 at 5:29 PM  

I had the same thing happen 4 years ago to my 13 year old cat, Socks. I'm sorry that this is happening to you and Sydney.

Jen @queenofhaiku September 2, 2009 at 6:34 PM  

Poor kitty cat! I hope all goes well.

Germaine September 2, 2009 at 6:54 PM  

Where I buy my dog's food they sometimes have kittens, and yesterday they had the cutest Abyssinian kitten! Too bad we all ready have four cats.

I hope your kitty is okay.

Anonymous September 2, 2009 at 7:28 PM  

Good luck. I hate the thought of anything happening to my cats.

Elizabeth September 2, 2009 at 7:48 PM  

I hope he feels better soon.

~ J ~ September 2, 2009 at 7:56 PM  

Awwww I hope he is feeling better!! Its amazing what a furbaby can do with your heart isnt it??

carleewandowski September 2, 2009 at 8:33 PM  

Poor kitty! Hope he's ok.

Maureen September 2, 2009 at 8:49 PM  

I hope you get good news back when you bring him in later this month - reassuring news that all will be well.

Reenie September 3, 2009 at 9:14 AM  

*sigh* Hope the reports come back clean. xoxo

Anonymous September 4, 2009 at 9:18 AM  

He is absolutely beautiful.

*hugs*

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP