Laura 25/365

This is one of the birthday cards I got for my husband. He is turning 50
today. Ours is a bit of a May/December romance. I just turned 34 last month.
In many ways the age difference works for us. I had my son when I was 17 and
so I've always felt I fit in with an older group. Most of my "same age"
friends seem to have toddlers or elementary age children and my kid is a
high school junior. In a lot of ways I am different from my peers because of
that. Not in a bad way, just in a life goals sort of way. That's why an
older man just seemed like such a good fit. We want a lot of the same
things.
Lately though I am starting to see areas where the age difference can be a
hindrance. In some ways we are just too different. I think that our lack
of common understanding and common experience has us butting heads on
occasion.
I guess there's good and bad to everything. Today I choose to see the good.
Happy Birthday.

2 comments:
My husband is 13 years older than me. The past few years, the age difference has become an incredible wedge.
:) Happy birthday, Mr. Laura!
Post a Comment