Sarah 11/365


I snapped this picture today while The Boy and I were walking home from dropping Miss Alice off at school. He was pointing out a pile of dog poop on the ground for me, because you know, poop is fascinating.

On another note, one of my goals this year is to submit photos that I consider wall worthy, without my camera I wouldn't be able to (thanks year one ladies!). I also don't necessarily want to fill my set with pictures of my children, because I am more than just my children. But fuck, when I get pictures as good as this they WILL be posted! :)

8 comments:

Tanya September 11, 2009 at 10:14 AM  

I love the curls and the shimmer on his bottom lip. Great shot!

Anonymous September 11, 2009 at 10:33 AM  

Hell yes you sould include these photos! What a beautiful photo.

Robin September 11, 2009 at 10:48 AM  

This picture is down right beautiful. Perfect! Great job!

Maureen September 11, 2009 at 12:07 PM  

I am more than just my children, too. But, at this point in my life, my children are a large part of who I am daily.

The lessons that I'm learning about myself and the world, from this point of view of a mother, are ones that I would not be learning without the children in my life.

I've read & overheard discussions about how parents lose themselves when they become parents. I don't think I've lost myself. I'm still living my life, it's just that my life now includes being a parent, raising children.

Anyway - this is a beautiful picture. Such a sweet, curious, intelligent boy. He looks like he's got so many questions, so much that he wants to know, that he wants you to teach him. I want to fast forward to see how he turns out, who he becomes :-)

Anonymous September 11, 2009 at 5:52 PM  

This is astonishing. I can' stop looking at it. Well done, Mama.

adrienne September 11, 2009 at 7:35 PM  

powerful and precious all at the same time- good job mama!

Anonymous September 11, 2009 at 7:55 PM  

Thanks ladies! I was so surprised with this picture, I had literally grabbed the camera and turned it on pointed and pushed the button all in about 3 seconds. I was shocked with the outcome!

Unknown September 11, 2009 at 9:37 PM  

Some of the best shots are the most spontaneous!

Love it.

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP