Bridget 35/365


This is the view from the train platform this morning. Although you can't
see it, my building is across the street from the ones pictured here. I
live in an old furniture making factory that was converted to lofts three
years ago. I know this isn't most people's idea of a pretty neighborhood
but I love it here. I see beauty in the rugged old bricks and the graffiti
and the colors and the coarseness of it all. I am very much at home in
this setting. Maybe it makes me feel more elegant in contrast?

9 comments:

Mara Wolman October 6, 2009 at 8:38 AM  

Where is this?

adrienne October 6, 2009 at 8:43 AM  

ooh how pretty!

Bridget October 6, 2009 at 8:47 AM  

I live in Lynn, MA - 11 miles north of Boston.

Anonymous October 6, 2009 at 8:49 AM  

I like those buildings too. I like old stuff.

mama_gretch October 6, 2009 at 10:19 AM  

Is that building really that pink, or did you muck with the tones?

nicole from envisage October 6, 2009 at 10:42 AM  

this picture is really odd, it's almost like you collaged it together! very cool

Bridget October 6, 2009 at 11:12 AM  

It's the real deal! No mucking. :-)
You should see it at sunset...the brick positively glows.

Goddess of Madness October 6, 2009 at 3:11 PM  

I would live there in a shot!

Mara Wolman October 7, 2009 at 9:32 AM  

Yes to the collage comment. It looks put together. Cool.

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP