Ghada 51/365


On my way back from a meeting across town when I heard on the radio that a
whale was beached in Southshore. I decided to go check it out, I kinda
romanticized a Whale Rider moment where we all got it back to sea by
throwing buckets of water on it and taking care of it. Unfortunately like so
many other whales before her she did not make it, they rarely do. I say
'her' because in the video you can hear the Department of Conservation
worker talking about how she was in fact lactating. They don't know what
happened, what caused her to beach - sad :(

4 comments:

Rebecca October 25, 2009 at 4:25 AM  

Oh, that is sad :(

Sheila October 25, 2009 at 11:38 AM  

poor baby. makes me sad too.

Mary October 25, 2009 at 1:48 PM  

Poor whale. :( I'm sorry that you could not save her.

Ghada October 27, 2009 at 4:27 PM  

it was sad and yet somehow peaceful to see that many people gathered around very quietly

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP