Regina 51/365
Technically a cheat, although I did take this picture for Envisage and
then didn't upload it.
I have a thing about jewelry. I tend to choose a pendant and wear it
exclusively for months, even years. Usually I get a new one when I
feel like I'm in a new phase of my life. For about two years, I've
been wearing a celtic cross. A couple of months ago, a friend told me
about an artist in NOLA who handpaints saint medals and sells them. I
really wanted a Mary Magdalene one - she's my patron saint. So I
decided I'd wear both the medal and my cross. Here's my Mary medal
from saintsforsinners.com. The really cool part? As part of my
spiritual discipline, I've been working at balancing Mary and Martha -
the sisters in the Gospels, one who sat at the foot of Jesus,
listening, the other who fussed with preparations and work. A balanced
person is both Mary and Martha. Active and Contemplative. On the other
side of my Mary medal is St. Martha, who in the Catholic tradition is
Mary Magadelene's sister. It was a little sign from the universe for
me. :) (St. Martha is also the patron saint of lay single women, just
like me!)
then didn't upload it.
I have a thing about jewelry. I tend to choose a pendant and wear it
exclusively for months, even years. Usually I get a new one when I
feel like I'm in a new phase of my life. For about two years, I've
been wearing a celtic cross. A couple of months ago, a friend told me
about an artist in NOLA who handpaints saint medals and sells them. I
really wanted a Mary Magdalene one - she's my patron saint. So I
decided I'd wear both the medal and my cross. Here's my Mary medal
from saintsforsinners.com. The really cool part? As part of my
spiritual discipline, I've been working at balancing Mary and Martha -
the sisters in the Gospels, one who sat at the foot of Jesus,
listening, the other who fussed with preparations and work. A balanced
person is both Mary and Martha. Active and Contemplative. On the other
side of my Mary medal is St. Martha, who in the Catholic tradition is
Mary Magadelene's sister. It was a little sign from the universe for
me. :) (St. Martha is also the patron saint of lay single women, just
like me!)


1 comments:
i think it's fate that St Martha was on the back of that medal. i'm going to check out that site - sounds so cool!
Post a Comment