Maureen 43/365


Seven adorable puppies & their mom came to stay with us for a few weeks,
today. I was taking pics of the sweetly sleeping one, when this one came
over to see what we were doing.

7 comments:

Anonymous October 14, 2009 at 1:55 PM  

May I please have the sleeping puppy?

Sheila October 14, 2009 at 3:21 PM  

so sweet! but boy, aren't you a good (and brave) soul!! are you fostering them?

mama_gretch October 14, 2009 at 3:31 PM  

Oh my, I'm not a dog person, but I WANT ONE!!

Maureen October 14, 2009 at 3:44 PM  

Yes, we foster puppies for a local rescue. The couple who run the rescue drive down to shelters in southern IL & the surrounding states (or to meet rescue transports from other areas), load up on puppies that are facing euthanization & bring them up here to the Chicago area. They take care of them (using a network of vounteers & foster families) until they're ready to be adopted, then they find them homes. They tell us that it's their calling.

We just like having the adorable puppies around for a while, for the kids to play with & feel like they're helping.

It is exhausting, though, sometimes :-)

Anonymous October 15, 2009 at 5:30 AM  

Awwww...I wanna snuggle a puppy...

Fostering puppies. Gee, that has to just be a *horrible* job ;-)

Kirsten October 15, 2009 at 12:07 PM  

OMG so not a dog person but I want one!!!!

nicole from envisage October 15, 2009 at 4:01 PM  

oh goodness i would end up with several dogs if i did that...

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP