Reshmi 41/365

This is mehendi designs on palm. It was a north Indian custom for brides and
now everybody gets it whether married or not. It’s a popular art of body
decoration, mainly hands and feet. Paste of mehendi leaves is used to draw
designs on the palm or feet. Then it is allowed to dry. It is believed that
darker the shade of mehendi on one’s palm, dearer she will be to her
husband.

8 comments:
That is so beautiful!
How pretty! How long did it take?
Very neat. How long does it last. It looks like melted chocolate :)
I had this done at my friend's wedding last year. It was a very cold night and it took forever to dry!! :-)
How beautiful - it's so intricate! Must take a long time to do.
I had it done once and would LOVE to have it done again. Show us the after picture, Resh!
Well , yes it takes a long time to dry whether winter or summer. Longer you keep it , darker it would be. And also lemon and tea bags dipped in water are sponged on the design for darkening it.
It takes a long time to draw this as well however its done by the professionals who are so skilled. In fact this was done in front of me in few minutes. And trust me its one of those easy quick designs. It can be far more intricate and with small details done till the elbow.
Rebecca , sorry I didnt do it on my palm. I just took the picture of a girl who was getting this thing done.
I've gotten it done several times, and i've even done it myself. I LOVE it... the scent is what really draws me in... i love make the henna...
Post a Comment