I'm working on my Bachelor's in Nursing. I got my Associates almost a decade ago but since I was making great money, I never had the push to go back. Last year, I decided to just finish up this degree so I could apply to grad school.
My goal is to become a nurse practitioner specializing in pain management, but that also vacillates with being a nurse anesthetist. Eventually I will get my DNP...Doctorate of Nursing practice, and head towards the education side of things. I want to go back to Nigeria to teach nursing school...and I need a Doctorate to enact all the changes that I want to implement. So this is my 10 year plan. I'm graduating in December with the BSN, so I see the light at the end of the tunnel.
3 comments:
Oh man, I remember those days. Hang in there. It will all pay off in the end!!
You may have mentioned, and I am sorry if I forgot, what degree is it that you are studying for?
Hey Laura,
I'm working on my Bachelor's in Nursing. I got my Associates almost a decade ago but since I was making great money, I never had the push to go back. Last year, I decided to just finish up this degree so I could apply to grad school.
My goal is to become a nurse practitioner specializing in pain management, but that also vacillates with being a nurse anesthetist. Eventually I will get my DNP...Doctorate of Nursing practice, and head towards the education side of things. I want to go back to Nigeria to teach nursing school...and I need a Doctorate to enact all the changes that I want to implement. So this is my 10 year plan. I'm graduating in December with the BSN, so I see the light at the end of the tunnel.
december is close! you're almost there!! (in a random note: nursing uses apa format??)
Post a Comment