I didn't like it either. the sensation is weird. then I had a killer headache after. I haven't been brave enough (or miserable enough) to try it again.
My Dr. was showing me one in his office last week. I was thinking, so.........you pour the water directly down your nose? How would you not almost drown? LOL!!
I have been using the Neti for a couple years now (after my sinus surgery) and it always makes it easier for me to sleep. After a few times the sensation isn't so bizarre. If the Neti pot freaks you out, try the one my ENT doctor recommends: http://www.neilmed.com/usa/products.php
It is easier to use, plus you can buy the packets if you can't get the salt to water ratio perfect.
We use them religiously too. It takes getting used to, but I found if you make the "k" sound it really helps. That sounds crazy as hell, but for some reason it helps directing the fluid. Also, you might have to play with the head tilt a little.
I LOVE mine, I used to have sinus infections- like 5 a winter- and now I rarely get them. LOVE the neti pot and it's also fun to bring on vacations with my Mom 'cause it freaks her out!
11 comments:
if it burned or stung try less of the mix.
I didn't like it either. the sensation is weird. then I had a killer headache after. I haven't been brave enough (or miserable enough) to try it again.
Yes, it can be quite surprising if you haven't used one before.
Totally killed off a cold I had a few weeks ago.
My Dr. was showing me one in his office last week. I was thinking, so.........you pour the water directly down your nose? How would you not almost drown? LOL!!
I have one that I've never used. Not sure if I want to now.
I have been using the Neti for a couple years now (after my sinus surgery) and it always makes it easier for me to sleep. After a few times the sensation isn't so bizarre.
If the Neti pot freaks you out, try the one my ENT doctor recommends:
http://www.neilmed.com/usa/products.php
It is easier to use, plus you can buy the packets if you can't get the salt to water ratio perfect.
You won't be sorry.
We use them religiously too. It takes getting used to, but I found if you make the "k" sound it really helps. That sounds crazy as hell, but for some reason it helps directing the fluid. Also, you might have to play with the head tilt a little.
I hate how they feel I LOVE how they work.
I LOVE mine, I used to have sinus infections- like 5 a winter- and now I rarely get them. LOVE the neti pot and it's also fun to bring on vacations with my Mom 'cause it freaks her out!
I saw this for the first time on Oprah the other day! I laughed my head off! I didn't think people would actually use them.
Pretty sure they're not available in my country, but I think I'll be okay without one!
Bex
Post a Comment