ONE night of Cry-it-Out, ONE... and now she sleeps through the night. I never would have thought this was possible after almost 8 months of hell at nighttime. Now if I can get myself to stop waking up at 3 am now that she is NOT crying for me...
good job for sticking it out! even one night is hard to hear your baby cry! i know most parents i work with have a really hard time doing the ferber method, but i have seen it work time and time again! When everyone is sleeping better the whole family is happier!
I did with my oldest and it worked. Does it work for everyone, of course not but be careful there are people out there who will call you a cruel woman. I got yelled at by more than one co-sleeper
Oh , I am glad for you. I tried the Ferber method - Lords above I TRIED - After four days of not sleeping ( me - not her- she slept at Child care) I caved. One of the many times Karma needed to prove that I was NOT in charge....I have some good stories of Em's resistance to Ferber ( Screaming for 6 straight hours - No sleeping) - he kicking down the baby gate we had up in her room, then Our room to keep her out....
She just gave up sleeping with me at 10 and a half. So you just avoided a real long co-sleeping phase!!!
Yeah, pre-kids I said I was dead-set against crying it out... until I saw it work with my son. People can call me cruel all they want, while both me and my baby have a good night's sleep!!
6 comments:
YAY! Congrats.
good job for sticking it out! even one night is hard to hear your baby cry!
i know most parents i work with have a really hard time doing the ferber method, but i have seen it work time and time again! When everyone is sleeping better the whole family is happier!
That's great! The cry-it-out thing is so tough. So happy for you that it was just one night. Yay.
I did with my oldest and it worked. Does it work for everyone, of course not but be careful there are people out there who will call you a cruel woman. I got yelled at by more than one co-sleeper
Oh , I am glad for you. I tried the Ferber method - Lords above I TRIED - After four days of not sleeping ( me - not her- she slept at Child care) I caved. One of the many times Karma needed to prove that I was NOT in charge....I have some good stories of Em's resistance to Ferber ( Screaming for 6 straight hours - No sleeping) - he kicking down the baby gate we had up in her room, then Our room to keep her out....
She just gave up sleeping with me at 10 and a half. So you just avoided a real long co-sleeping phase!!!
Yeah, pre-kids I said I was dead-set against crying it out... until I saw it work with my son. People can call me cruel all they want, while both me and my baby have a good night's sleep!!
Post a Comment