Laura 92/365

I got this picture from the Everett Herald Newspaper online.
This is the car of the drunk driver (oh sorry, "alleged drunk driver") that
killed our coach and his wife. I believe you can see the bottom of the
Agerup's car upside down in the brush.
This is the day after we heard the news. When I woke up I noticed I already
felt a little bit better. No more uncontrollable crying. Of course I
am still sad, but I am able to keep myself together. Maybe acceptance is
already setting in. Then I felt guilty.
I think about how unfair that is. How is it that I can start to heal after
only one day, when there are others out there who will never be the same
again?
I can't stop thinking about the families. Particularly the children. My
heart just aches for them.
December 1st is also the anniversary of the death of my grandfather in
2003. This is just a sad day all around. I am feeling low.
I am trying to keep my spirits up for Sam. At first I was worried about how
much he would comprehend about Coach Agerup's death but Sam understands more
than I gave him credit for. It comes out in little unexpected comments he
makes. I know he is sad but he is ok.

1 comments:
This picture has brought me to tears. Even my hubby was saddened by this picture with the fact you can see the Agerup's car. I dont think I would be able to look at this picture knowing who was part of the accident. I just wish I could give you and your family many hugs!
Post a Comment