Sarah 125/365


I sat in the balcony at church today, this is a close up of the decorative railing. I like it for some odd reason.

I realized on Wednesday when I went to church with the girls for Jacelyns birthday that church time is time for Alice to spend with her Dad away from me. She was very insistent that I leave her and her Dad alone that day. My friend Katie suggested that I sit in the balcony with her today and I realized that it is a good idea. It gives Alice much needed time with her Dad without me looking over her shoulder, or what she perceives as me looking over her shoulder.

I also feel the need to mention Becky Jo the pastor. She makes her sermons relevant to today and even as an atheist I find myself walking away from church taking something with me, some new idea, something good that relates to my life. So thank you Becky Jo, I appreciate it.

4 comments:

Bridget January 3, 2010 at 4:21 PM  

I like the railing too...anything with symmetry (sp?)or a clear, linnear pattern appeal to me.

Judy January 3, 2010 at 7:06 PM  

I am not an atheist, Sarah, but often find myself coming away from a good sermon with something other than a biblical lesson...a new outlook on life, relationships, or a new way of viewing a negative situation.

Anonymous January 3, 2010 at 7:24 PM  

Judy, it's nice finding a pastor like that isn't it? I must have just always had bad luck in the past!

AMmom78 January 4, 2010 at 4:05 PM  

Very cool shot! Glad the seating arrangements worked out well for you and Alice.

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP