Judy 175/365


Here is part of my current "project" to find new homes for my parents'
collection of turquoise jewelry that they bought in Arizona when they spent
winters there in the 90s. Most of the pieces are signed by the artist.
I have asked at every craft show where southwest jewelry is exhibited if
they buy from private parties and the answer is always "no". E-bay (if I
could even think about that) has12,000 pieces listed and few are getting
bids.
I contacted a cousin who lives in Tucson to see if she had any contacts for
reselling down there and she knew of no one who did. I spent many hours on
E-bay just getting some comps for prices but don't know where to go with
that. There are many rings, some bolo ties, watch bands, earrings. Any
ideas ladies?

5 comments:

adrienne February 24, 2010 at 10:46 AM  

i would LOVE to have one of nana's pieces! and maybe keep it as a hand me down to our next daughter... who will be named alice btw :) i'll buy one!

maybe selling them consignment at a little boutique in haddonfield or the like?

Linda February 24, 2010 at 11:26 AM  

Some jewelers buy estate pieces or "experienced jewelry" as I heard one call it. Or they may consign it for you.

Judy February 24, 2010 at 12:04 PM  

Thanks ladies. Adrienne I'll be in touch with photos.

Amanda Nellie February 24, 2010 at 2:23 PM  

What prices are you thinking? If it's in my budget I can take one.

Anonymous February 24, 2010 at 8:04 PM  

Maybe contact an auction....i know my husband takes some jewelry on consignment...but usually it's one of his sellers that brings it in.

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP