Mary Jane 177/365


I trust ya'll and I need some opinions. The backstory...early
menopause for me. I take hormones, they work well. I've had no
period for 2 years. I've had 2 recently. This isn't the first time
that this has happened. I can do another DNC with no problem.
Hysterectomy would fix it permanently. Recovery time for DNC - 3-4
days tops. Hysterectomy - 2 weeks. These are just basic facts. I am
sure there are other facts that I will discover through some research.
But I want your GUT opinion or your own personal experience...

14 comments:

Linda February 25, 2010 at 11:00 AM  

My gut opinion based on personal experience is that you should keep your parts for as long as possible, especially if the hormones you take are working for you. But it's such a personal decision; only you know what's right for you.

Anonymous February 25, 2010 at 11:25 AM  

I agree with Linda.
***Suz

Anonymous February 25, 2010 at 11:58 AM  

DNC. Avoid the bigger surgery whenever possible. Just my gut. XO to you. -Bridget

Andrea February 25, 2010 at 12:04 PM  

i honestly don't know. part of me says if the hysterectomy is inevitable...then do it now while you can schedule it and plan for it. but then again...if no harm will come to you by putting it off...then i can understand that approach as well. some help i am, huh!

Mary Jane February 25, 2010 at 12:13 PM  

You girls are smart. These were my thoughts too. I just needed some confirmation. Still on the fence, but this helps!

Gaylynn February 25, 2010 at 12:14 PM  

I have had a number of friends that had the hysterectomy and have been thrilled with the freedom it has given them. But I'm with everyone else, it is a very personal decision.

Marie February 25, 2010 at 12:42 PM  

I hate postponing the inevitable.

SororRavn February 25, 2010 at 8:01 PM  

Personally, I would do the hysterectomy. I am one to go for a permanent solution rather than a bandaid for now, especially when it comes to your health.

chris pullin February 25, 2010 at 8:33 PM  

hate to say this but corky said she should have done the whole thing many years earlier - she had such horrible issues and it took care of them all.
me, i would do the least amount, so i guess these two answers cancel each other. sorry~

Danni9 February 25, 2010 at 11:34 PM  

My gut says hysterectomy. I'm not a fan of temporary fixes when the permanent fix isn't that much larger a risk. Especially if you have the option of keeping your ovaries and just removing the uterus, like my mother did. Even if not, at least with a hysterectomy that would probably be your last such procedure. No guarantees you wouldn't have to do more DNCs in the future, which isn't a fun prospect. More surgeries = more risk.

Judy February 26, 2010 at 8:26 AM  

Not telling you what to do here but from my personal experience the hysterectomy including ovaries at 51 was the best decision I ever made...have not regretted it for a second. A permanent fix for a very uncomfortable monthly experience.

El mundo de Claudia February 26, 2010 at 2:49 PM  

My aunt and my mom both had hysterctomies. They are doing great and love the "freedom" they both had a hell of a time before the surgeries.

Anonymous February 26, 2010 at 10:29 PM  

I know I'm late to convo but my family has a history of uterine cancer very young (30) so I'm thinking of having a hysterectomy after I have kids.

Judy February 27, 2010 at 8:42 AM  

Just for clarification purposes the procedure is actually D and C standing for dilation and curettage.

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP