marie 189/365


Remember how I said I was a whore for cosmetics. I was trying to avoid
trying this. I have found other mineral make ups that I like, but I finally
couldn't resist so I went through a test run at the mall. Holy Mary Mother
of Christ this shit is awesome.

11 comments:

Kirsten March 9, 2010 at 1:05 PM  

I'm not a make up person. I hate the crap. But when I do go out I put the stuff on my face. I have always wanted to get this stuff and give it a try. I figure if I'm going to use it so rarely then I might as well get the good stuff right? My fear is matching skin tones. How hard is that?

Marie March 9, 2010 at 1:33 PM  

I'd suggest finding a makeup counter where you can test it. However, each kit comes with a lighter shade and a darker shade so you have something a bit darker for the summer months. That part I LOVE.

RobinTwo March 9, 2010 at 3:32 PM  

I will have to try yours a few times, although I'm sure it's not exactly my color. I'm still discouraged from getting sucked into anything since the SheerCover kit that I ordered was nothing like they say. :{ I was however ALMOST sucked in by antoher info-mercial the other day for that one airbrush make up thing that you add drops of make up to. I bet I'd hate that too. I just need new skin......Maybe I'll look into a face transplant ;)

Marie March 9, 2010 at 6:42 PM  

R2 we need to go the place in the mall where I got the kit. I told the girl I was interested and she did my face up for me so I could decide if I liked the stuff or not. We'll make a trip over there one of these days.

RobinTwo March 9, 2010 at 10:32 PM  

Cool! Maybe they will even have some cool crap to play around with at the Womens Expo on Friday. Can't wait to go, cuz I'm a nerd like that......

Did they do your face the day you went in the limo?

Andrea March 10, 2010 at 7:18 AM  

i wore this stuff for years but recently switched to Mary Kays version of it. i like it better - you get more in each jar and it is a lot cheaper. i think the bare minerals was about $25 and the MK is $18.

Marie March 10, 2010 at 9:02 AM  

I've heard MK is quite good too. Do they have the version of the mineral veil too? That's the part I love so damn much. I don't have to powder my nose ONCE during the day! I combined it with beauticontrol primers (clear and green) and holy hell I look in the mirror and think I'm decent! Yes, Robin that was the place that did my fake-up for the concert. I bet they will have a booth at the expo!

Andrea March 10, 2010 at 9:35 AM  

funny because i just couldn't get excited about the mineral veil. i gave mine away. i'll ask my MK lady if they have it though. i found that MK actually blended with my skin tone better than the BE stuff, too.

Anonymous March 10, 2010 at 4:09 PM  

Hm, maybe I'll get in touch with the MK lady....

But I used this for years with great success- sensitive skin PLUS hard to match skin tone. I mixed my colors a lot to adjust to the shades that vary by seasons.

I'm on my makeup quest currently because my makeup bag went missing.... :( (All my brushes too!)

Sheila March 10, 2010 at 7:22 PM  

Marie -- I COMPLETELY agree! This is the best stuff. I have used it for 3 years, maybe longer. When I started, I bought one of those get started kits too. I have sort of a weird skin tone (fair but kinda pink), so I ended up combining two colors. More expensive to buy, but it does last me twice as long.
And the Mineral Veil is the best! I also find, surprisingly, that even in the humid summer I rarely have to touch up my face during the day. It rocks!

RobinTwo March 10, 2010 at 11:29 PM  

Is it going to keep my greasy face under control? You know my problem with that Marie.....

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP