marie 268/365


Ran away from work for a quick hour to watch my kid eat lunch at the school
picnic. Being a working mom fucking sucks ass.

6 comments:

Mary Jane May 27, 2010 at 6:38 AM  

Honestly, I have no idea how women with kids work and do everything else. I admire you!

adrienne May 27, 2010 at 7:19 AM  

i don't know either mj- i can barely keep it together some days and i DON'T work... i feel soooo incredibly lucky to be home though- you're an awesome mommy marie!

Linda May 27, 2010 at 8:40 AM  

Yeah, being a working mom is a real pain in the ass, but it's the little things like this that can make a difference. Showing your kids that they're important enough for you to take time out of your busy workday on occasion is a really good thing for all of you.

Bridget May 27, 2010 at 10:02 AM  

I totally agree with Linda. I used to be a school yard monitor twice a month when Siena was little. It stressed out my work day but I was always so happy to be there and see her in her environment. Your kids KNOW you work hard and they can look up to you and admire you for it. Well done Mommy!

Kirsten May 27, 2010 at 10:38 AM  

My parents both worked and I never saw them. Very rarely did they ever come to school for something like this. I'm talking like twice in my years in elementary school. Thats one reason I work so hard to stay at home with my kids. I admire you for wanting to do both and pulling it off. But like others said the fact that you are there is what matters. Your kids will see and remember that!

RobinTwo May 27, 2010 at 5:32 PM  

So glad you were able to sneak away for at least a little bit. You and Shawn have a unique situation. Thank goodness he is able to be home with them during the week. I know it has to be heart breaking though not be able to take part in so much stuff. If nothing else, I'm sure it makes you ALL really appreciate times like these when you are able to sneak away for stuff like this...btw........you look HOT in your business clothes. lol ;)

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP