Andrea 342/365


The sun was spectacular this morning. This was taken around 7:30 a.m.
Which means that Z had already been up 3 hours. He's only 2 1/2 hours away,
so I wonder if he saw the same beautiful sunrise at Fort Benning. I wonder
if he was wondering what we were doing at home and wondering if any of us
were thinking of him. I got the first letter yesterday where he admitted to
being homesick and at times, scared and depressed. I know he's almost a
man...and closer to it as each day of boot camp passes by. But reading that
letter, he was my little boy again...far far from home and all I wanted to
do was give him a big hug. Instead, I just wondered if he saw the beauty in
that sunrise. And in any way felt comforted.

4 comments:

Anonymous August 13, 2010 at 5:04 AM  

Awwww, of course he misses you. It's natural. I remember when Siena went to stay with my sister when she about 8. She went for 2 weeks and I really missed, and she me. One night there was a full moon and I called her up and we both looked at the moon together, me in Boston her in Colorado, and it made us feel connected. Hang in there Mama. xoxo

Andrea August 13, 2010 at 9:37 AM  

you know...i think part of it is i am realizing that it isn't just that he's gone to boot camp. this is the beginning of him being gone. as in...starting his own life...doing his own thing. he's such a cool guy to be around and i am going to miss being around all the time.

Mary Jane August 13, 2010 at 8:25 PM  

I love what you wrote. :)

adrienne August 14, 2010 at 12:09 PM  

i have goosebumps- i always would look at the moon and stars and wonder if dan saw the same thing when he was away... didn't matter that we were on opposite time schedules- it's just nice to feel connected. hugs to you mama- you're just as brave as your young man!

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP