Bridget 21/365


This little guy was given to me by my ex father-in-law, Jack, the first time
I ever met him. He had just returned from a 3 month trip on the Amazon
River and found this relic along the way. I keep it on the bureau in my
room. Jack committed suicide three years ago. This reminds of his
adventurous spirit as well as his fondness for me. He's smoking his pipe
and chuckling somewhere in Heaven. And enjoying a cocktail.

3 comments:

Anonymous September 22, 2009 at 7:09 PM  

What I find really touching is that you can look at this relic and remember the best parts of his personality, instead of the pain of his death. That is inspiring.

~ J ~ September 22, 2009 at 7:17 PM  

Beautiful!!

Bridget September 22, 2009 at 9:44 PM  

It's impossible to think of Jack without remembering what a larger-than-life person he was. Like Ernest Hemingway, honestly.

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP