@Linn, that swim would be the coldest thing you'd ever feel outside your freezer! Those mountain lakes are nice to look at, but waaaay too cold to even dip a foot into! This is a great shot, and I've always noticed that lake when I've driven across the road. Did you see any elk? It's close to rutting season and the elk bugling is the most unearthly sound you'll ever hear! We'll be up in Estes for the weekend in three weeks!
@mama_gretch, we did see some elk around. The neat thing is that we saw some of the bull elk with large antlers, as we didn't see any in Yellowstone. Didn't hear any bugling though.
6 comments:
Makes you want to hike the trail and take a swim.
wow! gorgeous!
@Linn, that swim would be the coldest thing you'd ever feel outside your freezer! Those mountain lakes are nice to look at, but waaaay too cold to even dip a foot into! This is a great shot, and I've always noticed that lake when I've driven across the road. Did you see any elk? It's close to rutting season and the elk bugling is the most unearthly sound you'll ever hear! We'll be up in Estes for the weekend in three weeks!
@mama_gretch, we did see some elk around. The neat thing is that we saw some of the bull elk with large antlers, as we didn't see any in Yellowstone. Didn't hear any bugling though.
This is so cool!
Post a Comment