Karen 4/365


156 bales today (right side) + 69 bales earlier this year (right side
buried behind fresh stuff) + 60 some bales left from last year (left
side) + hay elevator yet to be put away (big metal thing) = this
picture. The damn baler broke before we even got started, and
thankfully our very nice neighbor let us borrow his tractor and baler
as he's "been there" before. I love good neighbors.

6 comments:

Tanya September 4, 2009 at 10:44 PM  

Wow! I could never be a farmer or a farmer's wife. I'd DIE!

S3XinthePantry September 5, 2009 at 6:17 AM  

I agree with Tanya - wow!
I also LOVE great neighbors!

Heather September 5, 2009 at 7:16 AM  

your pic and comments are like a flash of a day of my childhood! A-choo!

The Courteous Chihuahua September 5, 2009 at 7:47 AM  

Love haylofts!!!!

Reenie September 5, 2009 at 8:21 AM  

Wow! Super Woman! I used to borrow things like a cup of sugar... or a hint of vermouth for my martini. :)

Dawn September 5, 2009 at 11:25 AM  

I love your pictures Karen - I was born in Wheeling and my grandparents farmed in the Ohio Valley ( Martins Ferry area)...so while your barn looks SO MUCH Nicer than the one I grew up playing in, it still feels very homey for me. I know that smell in there - Hay, some hot, some old...the smell of animals - still there and those long dead - Oil and fuel ( In my grandparents case, cans or bottles of Pepsi hidden EVERYWHERE)

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP