Laura 24/365
My engagement and wedding rings.
I have a confession to make. I never told my husband I was participating in
this project. For some reason I don't think he'd "get it." That makes me a
little sad. He has a tendency to criticize things he doesn't understand or
things he doesn't appreciate. I just couldn't bear to have him say anything
critical about this project or my participation in it. Maybe he'd think this
was cool, but I wasn't willing to risk it. This project means too much to me
and he's done that so many times before with other things I care about.
I won't be posting pictures of him because I won't post anyone's picture
without their full knowledge and consent. That makes me a little sad too.
Maybe I'll tell him some day...
I have a confession to make. I never told my husband I was participating in
this project. For some reason I don't think he'd "get it." That makes me a
little sad. He has a tendency to criticize things he doesn't understand or
things he doesn't appreciate. I just couldn't bear to have him say anything
critical about this project or my participation in it. Maybe he'd think this
was cool, but I wasn't willing to risk it. This project means too much to me
and he's done that so many times before with other things I care about.
I won't be posting pictures of him because I won't post anyone's picture
without their full knowledge and consent. That makes me a little sad too.
Maybe I'll tell him some day...


10 comments:
This us the type of post that makes me rage. I hate when people are in relationships where they can't be themselves, where they can't share their passions. I'm so sorry Laura.
I can relate to a degree. My husband wouldn't be critical...he'd just not be interested. AT ALL. i almost didn't tell him but decided i would. i sent him the link on the first day and am sure he's never once looked at it. BUT...i was very surprised when he carried up that frog last week so i could take a pic of it for my "photo thing." so i guess even though he's not personally interested in the project, he recognizes that i am. i hope for you, Laura, that if you DO tell your husband that he surprises you with enthusiasm and support.
I'm sorry to hear this. I told my husband that I was participating in this and I think, but I'm not sure, that he was a little jealous. We both don't have much of a social circle outside of work and parenthood. He asks about the project sometimes, but he doesn't look. I don't know. Maybe he thinks that he can do his thing and I'll do mine?
Posts like this help me to realize that my husband isn't as bad as I make him out to be sometimes. Thank you. It's amazing to me how much I have learned about myself and my family through this community. Mike enjoys helping me if I don't have a picture to post for the day and asked me from day one to put a shortcut on the desktop so that he could get to it whenever he wants to. I hope that you will tell him and he will be supportive.
Thank you all. I don't want to paint him out to be some kind of monster, he has many, many, good qualities but this is one of his worst and it has been wearing me down lately. It seems over time he has managed to criticize or make snide comments or complain about everything I hold dear. He thinks he's being funny, and sometimes he is, but mostly I don't think it's funny and I've explained that to him (only to be told I take things too seriously or I am too sensitive). I honestly do not know how I did not see this trait before we got married. I work for divorce lawyers for goodness sakes. I was the queen of looking for red flags. I was so cautious and so careful. I never wanted to end up in a relationship where I couldn't be myself either (like my mother did until she divorced my father). Yet somehow I did. I simply do not share many aspects of my life with him because I do not want to hear it. He just doesn't "get it" and it's exhausting to have to defend every friggin' thing against his poorly chosen "jokes."
This is not good. I know.
Thank you ladies for creating a place where I can finally relax and be myself.
I thought about not telling anyone at all so I could avoid censoring myself, but I'm simply not capable of keeping a secret like this.
I'm glad you're here, sharing with us. :)
I told my hubby and he's cool with it. Thinks it's awesome. Has he peaked? I don't think so LOL
I found it sad that you can not share you passion with one of the most important person in your life.
In my case, I share everything with my man. He's my best friend. I cant hide something because it's written on my face that I'm trying to hide something!!! I was excited about that project, and my husband is helping me with the choice of the photo. Everyday, he ask me what I've posted. I think that in a relationship, you have to be yourself to be happy.
i love your ring set, btw! so pretty!
I haven't told anyone, including my husband and we are super close. I think since just participating in this project takes me far from my comfort zone, that actually sharing with anyone that I am doing it would make me stop participating. Maybe when it is over I can share with others, but for now, this is just for me. And to help me get a bit more comfortable doing things I wouldn't normally even consider.
Post a Comment