Stephie 29/365


We rented a car and went out to the spanish point! After three wonderful
days at the wedding, and almost a week in Ireland. If felt nice to get away
from the group and go explore. We were on our way to stay at a cottage owned
by liam's (my bf) aunt and uncle. On our way there we came across this
place. It was the photo highlight of my trip to Ireland i think! Cill Mhic
Dhuach, kilmacduagh. The monastic site contains a number of churches, which
date from the 13th and 14th Centuries. The round tower, one of the tallest
in Ireland, has a noticeable lean: over half a metre from the vertical. The
tower is almost 112 feet tall with the only doorway about 26 feet above
ground level. The walls are over six feet thick at the base. The tower once
had a bell which was said to have been thrown into a nearby lake.

2 comments:

Sheila September 30, 2009 at 2:17 PM  

i totally get why this is a photo highlight of your holiday! it is a gorgeous shot. I just returned from the England, and it looks like we had the same fabulous weather!

Anonymous October 1, 2009 at 4:25 AM  

Such a beautiful picture. Its like those pretty postcard pictures. I would love to see more pictures from your trip. Ireland is one of the places I have always put in my list of places I would like to see.Yesterday itself I was speaking to a friend about visiting Lisdoonvarna in Ireland.

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP